Whether it’s insects or rodents, pests can make your life miserable. If you’ve hired a professional pest control company to help you get rid of these nasty invaders, you may be wondering how soon you can expect results. While there is no definitive timeframe, there are a few things you should take into consideration. Read on to learn more.
The Type of Pest Matters
The species of pest that has invaded your home will often depend on how soon you can expect treatments to start working. For cockroaches and rodents, it could take a few days to several weeks before you start to see an improvement. For other insects and small pests like spiders, ants, and some types of mice, the results can be almost instant. It really will depend on the severity of your infestation as well as what types of pests you’re dealing with when you contact a company for pest control.
What Happens When I Call Pest Control?
The professionals you call will come to visit your home and determine what exactly you’re dealing with. They will identify the type of pest and try to pinpoint the cause as well as any “weak spots” near your home where pests could be getting in. After they’ve performed a thorough inspection, the exterminator will talk to you about possible options for treatment and give you an estimate of the total cost. Once you’ve agreed, they will begin the treatment and will make sure they cover all areas. You can help your pest control company by providing clear, easy access to areas like basements, attics, and crawl spaces.
Being Proactive is the Key
Since it’s difficult to say exactly when you’ll see results after a pest control treatment, there are a few things you can do to be proactive and keep pests at bay. Some of these include:
- Be aware of any leaks in your faucets and pipes and get them fixed immediately. Insects are particularly attracted to moisture.
- Seal off any open spots near your crawlspace and make sure all doors and windows are properly sealed.
- Close your windows and screen doors when not in use and at night time.
- Wipe up spills and clean up crumbs as soon as accidents happen to reduce the threat of pests.
- Remove all clutter and trash from every room and avoid leaving piles of clothing in a closet or bedroom.
- Remember that certain pests take longer to die off than others, so be patient. When in doubt, contact your pest control company for further advice and instructions.
Call Contractor’s Best Pest Solution located in Buford, GA for all your pest control needs at 678-765-6525.